website terms and conditions
1. Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd may, at any time, add or remove content from this website without notice.
2. Any articles, information or content published on this website must be read subject to these Terms and Conditions.
3. Although Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd uses its best endeavours to confirm the accuracy of any information, images, photographs and product renders published on this website, you agree that Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or errors caused by incorrect information supplied to Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd by its suppliers.
4. The information, materials and services on this website are provided for general information purposes only. It is current at the time of first publication. It is not legal or other professional advice or intended to be comprehensive. You are responsible for determining the validity, quality and relevance of any information, material or service assessed and to take appropriate independent advice before acting or relying on any of it to ensure that it meets your particular requirements. You should report any error or omission in any information, material or service, via customer feedback using the contact me form provided at https://www.chiselanddowel.com/contact .
5. Neither Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd nor any third party will be liable for any errors in content, or for any actions you take in relying on them. Neither you nor any other person may hold Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in respect of such content, the transmission or delivery of such content or any loss or damage arising from any of them.
6. You acknowledge that any intellectual property rights, including graphics, logos, trademarks, distinctive brand features, design, text, icons, the arrangement of them, sound recordings and all software relating to this website are owned by Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd.
7. The intellectual property rights including moral rights in respect to all services displayed and available for purchase on this website as at 10 January 2022 are owned by Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd
8. You acknowledge that:
8.1 The transmission of your payment of term fees or the confirmation of any payment, made through an electronic instruction may not be received by Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd for reasons beyond either parties’ reasonable control including but not limited to, electronic failure, mechanical, software, computer, or telecommunications, or the omission or failure of third-party website providers or systems;
8.2 To the extent permitted by law, Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd is not liable to you in any way for any loss or damage at all and however caused, arising directly or indirectly in connection with the transmission of an electronic instruction through the website, or any failure to receive an electronic instruction for whatever reason;
8.3 Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd may act on and process all completed electronic instructions transmitted or issued through the website without further consent from or reference to you; and
8.4 Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd may treat an electronic instruction as authentic and is under no obligation to investigate the authenticity or authority of persons issuing or transmitting such electronic instructions, or to verify the accuracy and completeness of such electronic instructions.
9. To the extent permitted by law, Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd exclude all liability to you or anyone else for loss or damage of any kind (however caused or arising) relating in any way to the website including, but not limited to, loss or damage you might suffer as a result of:
9.1 Errors, mistakes or inaccuracies on the website;
9.2 You acting, or failing to act, on any information contained on or referred to on the website and/or any linked website;
9.3 Personal injury or property damage of any kind resulting from your access or use of the website;
9.4 Any unauthorised access to or use of the websites secure servers;
9.5 Any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the website;
9.6 Any bugs, viruses or other harmful code or communications which may be transmitted to or through the website by any third party; and/or
9.7 The quality or fitness for any purpose of any linked sites.
10. Except as expressly provided in these terms, and to the fullest extent allowed by the law, Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd and its third parties will not be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of your access to or use of the website.
11. You will at all times indemnify, and keep indemnified, Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd and Splinter Workshop, including their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, officers, contractors or authorised representative and agents from and against any loss, penalties, fines. Costs or expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) or liability incurred or suffered by you or by any of them arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against you or them where such loss, damages, penalties, fines, costs, expenses or liability arose out of, in connection with or in respect of your conduct or breach of these terms.
12. This clause is not intended to exclude or limit any rights which you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
13. If Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd merges, sells or otherwise change control of its business or this website to a third-party, If Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd reserves the right, without giving notice or seeking consent, to transfer or assign the personal information, content and rights that If Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd has collected from you and any agreements it has made with you.
14. The privacy of your personal information is important to Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd.
15. Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd and its third parties may collect personal information directly from you when you pay for classes using this website or when you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal information may include your name, residential and/or postal address, telephone number and email address.
16. Your personal information is not collected if you only browse this website.
17. Online payments are handled by Stripe. Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd does not store your credit card or banking details. Please check the Stripe website for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
18. Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd may use your personal information for the purposes for which you give it to any of them and for their own internal purposes. You agree that Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd may use your email address to send you messages concerning any classes via the website that Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd thinks may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd please let us know and Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd will respect your request.
19. You may request Chisel and Dowel Woodworking School Pty Ltd to remove your personal information from its database by emailing us at email@example.com or clicking ‘unsubscribe’ on any of our e-communications.